Article Author Kris86
Have you ever struggled to find the right words to express your thoughts? Or do you struggle to find time to write blog posts? If so, then markdown might just be the tool for you. Read on to learn more about this simple but effective way of blogging. We all struggle with finding time and words from time to time. It’s perfectly natural and doesn’t make you any less of a writer. However, if you find yourself struggling frequently, it may be worth your while exploring new ways of working that can help support and streamline your writing process. Markdown is one such tool that makes it much easier to create blog content without having to worry about formatting or layout too much. It allows for fast and efficient drafting without sacrificing readability. Here is an introduction to markdown and its benefits for bloggers like you.
What is Markdown?
Markdown is a system for adding formatting and structure to plain text. It is designed to be easily read both by humans and computers. It’s used widely online to create things like blog posts, comments, and forums. When you write in Markdown, you’re writing a piece of text that can then be transformed into other formats, such as HTML, PDF, or Word documents. Markdown can also be used to create websites, books, and PowerPoint presentations.
Markdown was created by John Gruber in 2004. It’s a way of adding formatting to text that doesn’t require you to use a special program or learn a complex programming language. Instead, you use plain text and special symbols to indicate the type of formatting you want to include in your document. It’s a great way to create content without having to worry about the formatting because once you’ve written your text, you can transform it into the desired format using a simple online tool.
Markdown Basics: A Quick Guide
When writing in Markdown, you will notice formatting instructions in between slashes. For example "# Heading level 1", This would create a Heading 1. You don’t need to worry about what the HTML code looks like, as you can use a special online tool to convert your text into the desired format. All you need to do is follow the instructions.
Markdown is a very intuitive way of writing, and you will quickly get the hang of it when writing your articles. It’s very easy to pick up, and you can see results very quickly when using it. A Special Note On Headers Headers in Markdown are different from how you may think. Instead of creating a new heading level, you increase the size of the existing level.
Benefits of using markdown
There is couple benefits of using markdown tool:
- Save Time - Writing in Markdown can help save you a lot of time. You can quickly write your content without getting stuck on the formatting of your words.
- Save Your Brain - We know we’ve mentioned this above, but it’s worth mentioning again. Worrying about your formatting will actually take away from your focus when writing.
- Create Better Content - You’re able to focus more on your writing when you’re not worrying about the details. This can help you create better content.
- Create a Consistent Brand - By using one type of formatting, you can create a consistent brand across all your social media channels, your blog, and more.
- More Easily Shareable - If you use Markdown, your posts will be more easily shareable and shared. You can easily convert your posts into other formats, like PDFs, slideshows, images, and more.